Thursday, April 15, 2010

Decisions, decisions...

Lately I've really been wanting one a sewing machine. I think of all the wonderful projects and things I could make like curtains, aprons and a sweet quiet book. I got an email yesterday advertising this pretty baby

I am definitely tempted. It seems to be a great deal. The question is, are these little fantasies of me sewing beautiful things simply that, a fantasy? It's been years since I've sewed anything. Oh boy, decisions...

8 comments:

Jewelyn said...

Hey I'm looking for a sewing machine too! i'm going to make a denim quilt out of Cody's and my old jeans. Where are you looking for machines?

Erin said...

Go for it! Even if you only use it a few times a year you will be happy you have it.

Bob and Becky said...

Sewing Machines are a great investment. I bought one for the mission from Costco when I moved here and I use it regularly, patching missionary pants, etc. I can't imagine not having one!
Con Amor.

Kristina said...

You should get it. I have one that I rarely use, but when I have pants that need a hem or something that would be a quick fix with a sewing machine, I'm so glad I have one! The real question would be how much would you do with it and how much is worth spending. Keep me posted on which one you decide to get, if you do get one!

Suz said...

You might be able to hem your pants a little faster... ha ha

Ok, so you might not use it everyday. You may even go years without using it...but then, you will get it out and make something and you will be so happy you have it. If it costs a couple thousand dollars, then don't waste the money but if it is a couple hundred, you won't regret it.

Unknown said...

Buy it- even if you don't use it a lot you will like having it. I find it good therapy to get it out and make a project every once in a while. There are so many cute websites now that give free patterns and Ideas too.

Cox Family said...

more power to you.. I hope you get one that way I can give you projects... hahaha I can not sew but it would helpful if I knew how.. Oh well thats what I have aunt Brenna and Gamma Cox for .. hahaha

Erin said...

What did you decide? I noticed they use brother machines on project runway...