Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Shunning of Bloggers

The other day, I was discussing blogging and the possibility of an office blog with my boss and coworker. I was shocked when the coworker said he had gone out with a girl a few times and things were looking good. The girl gave him the link to her blog, but after reading her posts, he couldn't bring himself to ask the poor, unsuspecting girl out ever again.

I am so curious, what the heck could someone be writing about that would cause such drastic measures? I wanted so badly to find out more, but since we were in the middle of a meeting, it wasn't possible.

Bloggers beware! Who knows when your innocent post will be the end of a beautiful relationship...

5 comments:

Colt said...

thats sad

kristen said...

oh wow... we can only imagine what she wrote. and now i really want to know!

Rae said...

Before I went private I always used to worry that whatever guy I was dating at the time would find my blog. It's not that I wrote anything I wouldn't want him to read. I just think when guys see a girl putting so much out there (even if it's not super personal) it freaks them out a little bit. Probably best not to share a blog until the relationship is on a much more serious level.
My most recent knows I blog all the time but I've never sent him an invite to view the blog, and he's never asked. It's just sort of my thing that he knows I do.

Suz said...

Beware!!! I have heard it is the new trend for employers to use blogs to spy on employees. They hire and maybe even sometimes fire them based upon what they find on blogs. So, when doing a background check on you, they check the internet to see what comes up on you. Maybe a good reason to have a "pen name" instead of using your real name. You can always share your blog address with your friends but it keeps unwanted eyes from prying.

Julia and Sterling said...

I think that when someone writes a blog, they should write it as if everyone will be reading it. Also, I was kind of sad to read that you HATE touching animals. After reading your blog, I don't think we can ever go out again.