Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Charity Ball and Auction

A few Fridays ago, I went to a Charity Ball and Auction put on by a group of students that are affiliated with our office. It was an awesome, black-tie event that raised money for our initiative to help prepare children to succeed in school.
This was the second year the students held the event. The first year, they raised over $10,000. They really wanted this year's event to be even more successful. They had some huge auction items, VIPs including Miss Utah, Bryan Kehl (both of whom had evenings out with them auctioned off), LaVell Edwards and Congressman Cannon.

All in all, it was a great night and they raised over $21,000! It is amazing that college students were able to pull off such an awesome fundraiser.
I got into the bidding spirit and ended up bidding on more than I should have. Luckily, people out bid me last minute on a few of my items, so I didn't end up spending TOO much. I did get some Lagoon passes, dinner gift certificates, a gift certificate to the mall and an hour masssage, all for under $175!




I'm sad that we didn't get any pictures of my dress. It was a lot of fun to dress up like that again.