So the Breakfast came and went. Over all it went great! There were a few very minor hic-ups (spelling??), but everything was easily fixed and only a small handful even realized what was happening.
The guy that we had play the piano while we ate was a UVSC student that is always playing in the hallway. My sister asked him if she could give me his number, and when I asked him if he would play he said, "Oh! I'm so excited, I just love anytime I can tickle the ivories for an audience!" My favorite part was when he got there and called me over. He then said he wanted to play me a song he just wrote. (Now remember, I met him about 30 seconds before). He got very into it and was moving all over, bobbing his head, arms and shoulders, and then, he started looking up at me while he played and singing lyrics such as "You're beautiful. I love your smile. Your eyes..." I know he didn't write the song for me, but man, it sure was awkward, sitting there while this strange kid sang me a love song of sorts. I quickly told him it was nice and told him I had to go take care of something on the other side of the room.
We had over 105 people there, so pretty good number. I was told the food tasted excellent, but I was so nervous that I didn't eat hardly anything. I felt like I was going to throw up until the last minute or so...
The good news is, the shoe award was a HUGE hit. Everyone was commenting on it. The bad news is, my intern aka: appointed photographer didn't take a picture of it :( The good thing is, my boss liked it so much, he wants me to get another one for our office. I'll be sure and get a picture of that one. I'm also going to try and get a few pictures of the event to post.
1 comment:
Congrats on your first major event. I am happy but not surprised to hear it went well. You are awesome.
Post a Comment