
He is quite the musician and can, as my dad likes to say, "play just about anything with strings." I know a lot of guys claim to play the guitar, but my brother is an INCREDIBLE guitar and bass guitar player. He is seriously better than anyone I know. He really loves music and has taken full advantage of the music room in our basement. When he isn't doing his school work, football, lacrosse, or taking care of all the manly house chores, he is downstairs "jamming" with his band. They have recently started recording a cd and have been invited to play at Muse Music on several occasions. The general audience at Muse is college students. Even though they have only opened for a few bands, during every show, his band had way more fans than main attraction band (at the show I attended, there was just shy of 100 people there). Did i mention they write all their own stuff?
Last week, he finally was awarded his Eagle Scout. When he first turned 12, he worked his little behind off and had everything done except for his project in just 3 months. Well, he was too young to do his project, and then who knows what happened. He finally finished it though, and we are so proud of him! For his Eagle Court of Honor, we had a really neat Indian-hoop dancer come and perform. It was a great night, and we are so happy for the brother!
I've loved being home and hanging out with my bro. It is fun now that we are both older, I feel like we are really friends and not just annoying siblings :) I love him dearly and am so proud of everything he has done with his life thus far. I know he will do great things (as long as he stays off of roofs ;)), and I'm excited to see how he will succeed in life! I love you Colty!! 

4 comments:
Way to go little brother. That sounds great. They only have possum Awards where I am from. An Eagle Award sounds like a much better award to earn. Probably harder too.
He sounds like a really great guy. I have heard his music is really quite amazing, too. It is even played regularly on a local radio station.
Wow I love my bro! I wish he would move to Iowa.
i think that your little brother is a jerk and should go live underneath a rock.
Post a Comment