Thursday, March 20, 2008

Packing it All In...

I had a meeting in Salt Lake with all of the UWs of Utah today. It was a lunch meeting, and so we had CPK. I put in my order before hand and excitedly anticipated my yummy pizza. Shortly after we got there, the food arrived. One of the boxes was noticably larger than the rest. My boss made the comment, "Who ordered the BIG pizza?" No one fessed up, and we all went to collect our food. After sorting through the food, I embarrassingly realized the big pizza was mine. I don't know why, but for some reason, they decided to gift me with more food than the rest of the group.

Everyone commented on how there was no way I would be able to eat the entire thing and how I would have lunch for tomorrow. Well, I ate a few pieces and decided since everyone commented on the absurdity of me finishing it all, that i better stop.

On the way out, my boss gave me his two extra pieces (he didn't even finish a personal pizza!), and I carried my pizza back to the car. I gave a piece to my coworker who ordered a veggie salad that they forgot the veggies in (talk about disappointment, who wants a lunch of plain lettuce?) I'll admit, i felt a little guilty that she got such a lame meal when I was so blessed, but I did try to share the wealth and couldn't help that she only took 1 piece.

During the car ride back, I finished off the rest of mine and my boss' food. When we got back to the office, and I headed for the dumpster, someone made the comment, "You decided you didn't trust it afterall, huh?" You should have seen their faces when I told them the box was empty.

I can't help it; I'm a hungry girl. I wonder how they would react if they knew I used to eat even more than that when I played lacrosse....

1 comment:

Abraham said...

How goes the Operation Bye Bye Muffintop???

P.S. Gary's in Utah right now!