Yesterday was my little bro's brithday. It was the big 1-8, and for his birthday dinner he declared that he wanted "Real" hamburgers. My family stopped eating hamburger probably close to 10 years ago when there was all the food poisoning scares, and we were on a particularly healthy kick.
While we are once again allowed to eat it, only a few of us (my bro being one of them) ever choose to do so. After my initial shock and anger about the switch to veggie burgers, I now have no desire at all to eat hamburger (besides meatballs, I don't know why, but they seem to be the only thing I can get down). The few times I've given in to peer pressure and eaten something with hamburger in it (The last time I remember eating an actual hamburger was at least 5 years ago), I haven't liked the taste, and I felt disgusting afterwards.
When we found out what we were having yesterday, we were all shocked, but in the birthday spirit, we went full out. When it was time to eat, I ate everything on my plate, leaving the burger for last. My little bro has gotta know that I love him because I then ate the whole thing. I'm happy to report that today I am still alive. Not only that, I only had a minor stomach ache this morning.
While I'm still alive and kicking, I don't know if I'll be returning to the hamburger lifestyle. I still can't seem to shake the thought of death by E-coli and clogged arteries. I think I'll stick to my veggie and turkey substitutes. The sacrifices people make for their loved ones :)
5 comments:
Hi Brenna! Awesome blog! I am excited to check more of it out when I have some time! I just got into San Diego from a veryyy long drive with my mom, there was LOTS of traffic. Anyways, I am glad that you had a good time with your brother's birthday! And thanks so much for hanging out with me last week! I am going to miss you so much!
You always seemed so normal, Brenna, until you told me about your fear of ground beef (except for meatballs???).
Gag!!! You ate hamburger???
When are you going to blog about my birthday? ):
Hahaha... I never knew this about you! A fear of hamburger huh? Your strong, I don't know if I could do it! I'm too much of a carnivore
Post a Comment