Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Walking, Just Walking

I walked to work today. It was great. I love living so close! It was kind of funny, for a second, it felt like I was back in New York, walking down the street in my business clothes, in the heat and humidity (I know, amazing! It is about to rain, so there was actually a little tiny bit of moisture in the air). At one point, I even had to smile and hold my breath as I got a whiff of the wretched NYC stench as I walked past an extremely foul-smelling dumpster.

Then someone I walked past smiled and said, "Hello."

Nope, definitely not New York...

3 comments:

ELA said...

If you were here, I would smile and say, "hello" to you! Every time! I miss you! It was great talking to you this weekend. We should do that more often.

Brooklyn said...

I totally understand. I get that feeling every once in awhile here (cuz I work downtown), but I also live in an extremely friendly city so it does throw it a little ...

Anonymous said...

I'm heading off to Boston next sunday! Crazy huh! How are you doing? Did you move into your apartment and everything? How are you enjoying it so far? Miss you like crazy! I want some Indian food... Come to San Diego next weekend! Or Boston in 2 weekends! I figure if I keep tempting, one of these days you will give in...