Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What did You Say Your Name was?

So this post probably won't mean much to people outside my family, but oh well, what can you do?

Apparently when I was a little girl, when I was asked what my name was, I would proudly proclaim "Debbahs!" When people would repeat "Debbah?" (usually a little bit confused and wondering what the heck my parents were thinking when they named me) I would say, "No! Debbahs!" This cycle would repeat for several rounds until one of my parents or sisters would save the poor unsuspecting soul and explain that my name was brenna. When they asked "Brenna?" I would excitedly say, "Yes!"


I don't know what was going on with my little toddler brain, maybe I was dropped on my head or the paint on our walls had lead in it or something, but to me, Debbahs=Brenna. My siblings still to this day call me Debbahs. (Even the ones who weren't born at the time.)


Well, my bro-in-law was in some random place in Maine buying mice to experiment on, and he came across this store.




Being the nice guy he is, he not only got me a picture, but purchased a sucker that proudly declares "Debbahs." I couldn't believe it when I got his package; I think I laughed for a good five minutes, all while being joined in one by one by my family members as they came to see what I was freaking out over.
I have never before had a desire to visit Maine, but now I am very tempted to visit good ol' Bar Harbor. Anyone want to join me? I hear they have great maple ice cream!
-- Debbahs ;)

2 comments:

ELA said...

Count me in! I would love to go with you, Debbahs!

Abraham said...

For the record, Bar Harbor is a great tourist town right on the ocean and right next to the beautiful Acadia National Park. Also, I did not go there to buy mice. That makes me sound a bit freakish.
I'm glad you enjoyed the present!