Saturday, August 23, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane...

So last summer my trip home from NYC was the flight from Hell. It involved over 13 hours of sitting in the airport (I only had 2 scheduled) with United screwing up EVERY step of the way. I know all flights were bad last summer, but man, this was seriously ridiculous, there were unexpected 10 hour layovers, constant gate changes (all on opposite sides of the airport), extremely rude employees and lost luggage.

Now I am very sympathetic to the fact that the airlines have several unexpected and uncontrollable problems, but everything I experienced was all just stupid errors on United's part.

Well, when I got home, I decided i wasn't going to take that and demanded compensation of some kind for my troubles. I was rewarded with a small flight voucher.

Well, the whole point of this post is that the expiration of my voucher is fast approaching, and I need to decide what to do with it. Where should I go? Any ideas?

12 comments:

Abby said...

IOWA. Definitely. As if it's even a question. Erin and Abe would love it.

Erin said...

IOWA

Erin said...

or maybe Maine?

Anonymous said...

Alaska.

Colt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colt said...

vegas...
haha i don't even know why you have to question

ELA said...

I’m deeply offended that you’re even asking! You know where you should go!

Suz said...

Orem!

Claire said...

BOSTONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

Suz said...

Ok, I am starting to notice a quantable decline in your blogging. What could the problem be??? Too busy with work? Too tired? Too distracted?!

Suz said...

Now we need a follow up on how United did not win any points on this last trip.

Caitlyn Jackson said...

You don't blog very much.