Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Things I did in Mexico over Thanksgiving
  • Visited LAX for the first time ever. I especially liked the super-long, empty white underground tunnel/hallway connecting terminals. It felt very much like somewhere you would be chopped into little pieces in a horror movie. It was even complete with a large metal gate with warnings to stay away to avoid serious injury that would automatically close for whatever reason.
  • Was forced to brush my hair before getting off the plane, so I would look my best (or as much so after an overnight flight...)
  • Met Matt's parents.
  • Lots of sleeping
  • Visited the Christo Rey (I have no idea if I spelled that right) where we were attacked by the plague of bugs.
  • The market in Downtown Leon searching for a flower arrangement that wasn't 3 ft. tall and all in a line and sweet potatoes.
  • Seeing the Parade of Cows. Matt thought this was pretty weird, but I thought it was great. They had the same thing in Bratislava one of the times I was there, and it was the most random funny thing. Who would of thought that a few years later and in Mexico, I'd come across it again? I think the airplane cow had to have been my favorite.
  • Had a great Thanksgiving dinner with Matt, his parents, a group of missionaries and two BYU interns who were down there, one of which happened to have been in Matt and my's ward before moving to Mexico and the other guy ended up being from my home stake. Pretty crazy!
  • Felt like I was in Cruising USA as we drove in the crazy traffic.
  • Visited Guanajuato in the day, a neat city that was originally built on bridges over a river. It is now converted into a series of huge tunnels that you drive through to get anywhere.
  • Attempted shopping in the most crowded mall I've ever been in. It was Black Friday, but I thought we wouldn't have to worry about it since we were in a different country, but man, I couldn't believe the number of people!
  • Got a new pair of very cute brown shoes for work and church.
  • Had dinner at the old governor's mansion (now a restaurant) overlooking Guanajuato (gorgeous view) before going to the University Astronomy Observatory.
  • Oh yeah, and got engaged :)
I've got to admit, it was a great trip

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Abby said...

Yayyyyy!!!

Erin said...

Don't sound so excited! By the way, I was able to get time off for the 11 and 12...with a grade deduction for each missed day. I am glad I will be able to be there (I'll try not to book United, just in case).

You look TINY next to Matt's family. You will have tall kids despite your short genes.

Kristina said...

Congrats Brenna! I'm so excited for you! When's the date?

Rae said...

BRENNA! Congrats! I was just thinking as I read this post, "Meeting the fam huh? Wonder if an engagement's coming soon." Then sure enough! Now can you please give some details on how you met, how long you've been dating, etc?? And when's the date?

ashley said...

Oh my gosh Brenna!! Congrats! What a fun trip it looks like you had, when is the big date!?

Suz said...

Sounds like fun. When is the wedding?

Love,
Mom

Alison said...

I didn't even know you were dating someone. Somehow I missed that fact. Thanks for posting pictures. He's cute, and Mexico looks like fun!

Heidi Henderson said...

Oh and by the way... I got engaged... HELLO!! That's the best part of all and you waited until the end. Like a book...you read all the stuff and at the end... it's the hum dinger! congrats! matt's a good guy... for the night I met him :) Ha! I'm excited for you! Way to go... way to make us all proud! :)