For work, I am in charge of one of the funding panels. What that means is I facilitate a group of community volunteers who are in charge of deciding if other nonprofit agencies in our community will receive funding from us at UW. Well, yesterday, we had toured the agencies and listened to a short presentation at each one.
Our first stop was at a crisis pregnancy agency. The director from there was very obviously directing her presentation at me. I noticed and thought it was a little bit weird, but then decided that since I was the person from UW and the person who had set the presentation up, she must assume that I had more clout than the other panel members (not true, I don't actually vote). Well, at one point in her presentation, she actually stopped herself and said, "Oh! I keep talking to you because you look SO YOUNG! I just feel like I'm talking with one of my clients...."
Talk about sitting there awkwardly while trying to think of something to say.
4 comments:
So, she thought you were in trouble?
I'm back...
You wouldn't be too young where I come from.
Sad! If you had a vote, she lost it.
Post a Comment