Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's been a very up and down week at work. It's time again for the Thank You Breakfast, and I've encountered several hiccups and for awhile, we were considering canceling it to save money, but it is back on, just on a smaller scale.

Another day though, my boss received an email from the creative director of the national UW (The guy who designs EVERYTHING for UW). Earlier in the year, I submitted a bunch of the projects LIVE UNITED projects I worked on during the past year. Apparently, he loved our video that I put together so much that he wants to show it at the upcoming conference for all of the United Way's Senior Staff leaders. He also wants to start using for some of their things.

Also, yesterday, I received a call from the national PR director. She said she was working with a USA Today reporter on a story about Millenials Giving Back. She wanted to submit my name as a contact to be interviewed on our Student program and upcoming Charity Ball (which is put on by the students and us). She said the reporter would contact me in April, but she wanted to give me a heads up.

Well, about 15 minutes after I hung up I received an email from the reporter. She wanted to schedule an interview for Monday. It created for a busy day, but I think it will be well worth it. I had to get talking points together and work on training our Student President and Student Coordinator, so they will be prepared. It would be so great to receive some national coverage. The reporter said she is even considering sending out a photographer for the ball in March. I really hope things go well on Monday! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Dave said...

Wow, lot's of exciting stuff!

Suz said...

Lots of good resume fodder.

Bob and Becky said...

Brenna, sounds like you are doing a great job. Is there a pay bonus for all this recognition and hard work? We are so proud of you.
Becky and Bob