Friday, May 22, 2009

Oh Detroit

So I went to Detroit for the big national UW conference. Overall it was pretty good. I got to see the new 2009 advertising materials which was cool. They also debuted the national versions of my video and the radio spot that they recorded. I'm sure I'm a little biased, but I think they turned out awesome! They also announced the winners of the "Best of" contest, and sure enough, UW of Utah County was one of them (for my video). That was pretty exciting! It is always nice to have your work recognized, and that is a pretty big resume booster.

Other noteworthy highlights include:

Secretary of Education (don't remember his name, how pathetic is that? Who needs to know the name of the guy in charge of the whole country's education?)
Guy the Pursuit of Happyness is based on (Chris Gardnor)

(Who needs to wait in a long line? I just snuck a picture while walking by)

Dolly Parton being like 20' away from me, and to answer the question I know everyone is thinking, yes, her "you know whats" were VERY large!

(The picture is obviously a screen, unfortunately, I didn't have my camera so I resorted to stealing the photo from my coworker who was too far away to see Dolly upclose and personal like me! I somehow snuck onto the VIP table)

Crazy spider Bite (doesn't sounds like much, but I basically have a decaying hole larger than a half-dollar on my leg, sick, I know, tell me about it...When i find my camera cord, I will post pictures)

My man cleaning our whole apartment for my return. And when I say cleaning, I mean hardcore scrubdown.

5 comments:

Erin said...

scary bug bite! Sounds pretty exciting.

Kristina said...

That is so weird that you got a spider bite too! One of my co-workers got one on the top of his head and the pain didn't go away for 2 weeks! I hope yours is not as painful as his!

That sounds like a cool conference!

Bob and Becky said...

Brenna, you are so darn cute. I am so glad you posted a picture on the blogspot. We don't see enough of you and Matt...We are so proud of your special recognition at the convention...after all that hard work. It would be nice, however, if there was a monetary bonus as well...keep up the good work!

Suz said...

Is your bite decaying flesh away or getting bigger. I wouldn't want it to be Bott Fly's eggs.

Chico said...

Rolly Rarton? Riiiiice!