So my office has an information and referral call center that when you dial a certain 3-digit phone number (no, it's not 911, I don't work at the jail), it connects you with one of our "specialists" who can then tell you where you can get help with human services meaning things like paying your utility bill, how to get a ride to the doctors when you're too old to drive yourself or where to go if your kid has a drug problem. Well, the other day my coworker received a phone call that went like this.
CoWorker: "Thanks for calling UW *11, how can I help you?"
Caller: "Yes, I need the number for O'Reilly."
CW: "O'Reilly? I'm sorry I'm not sure what you're looking for. Is that a name of an organization?"
C: "You know, O'Reilly. I want to call O'Reilly"
CW: "Is O'Reilly a person?"
C: "Haven't you ever heard of the show? I want to call into the Bill O'Reilly show!"
Needless to say, although we have a pretty high rate of keeping our "customers" happy, this was one number we were unable to refer.
2 comments:
That's funny.
Hey that was me! And it really was one of the funniest phone calls. What did I do? Googled the Bill O'Reilly Show and gave her the 1-800 number. So it goes.
Post a Comment