Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow (or a Couple of Weeks Ago)

I've always been a longer hair type of gal but recently, it has become a little out of control. It reached what matt affectionately called "Polygamist Hair" (one or two inches above my behind), so that as well as me thinking it was time for some adventure in my life led me to decide to get it cut.
(This kind of a funny picture shows the idea of the great mass that was my hair)

I knew that I wanted to keep it "long," but was undecided on the length. I figured if I did Locks for Love, it was on the border of my limit. When I got to the salon, I thought it was silly for me to cut so much off and be so close to doing Locks for Love and not do it, so I bit the bullet.

The girl chopped the ponytail, and I was feeling pretty good about things, but by the time she was finished styling it, she had taken an additional 4 or so inches off for a grand total of 14 inches or 1 foot, 2 inches! I was pretty bummed, but what can you do? At least there will be one less bald kid running around...

9 comments:

Rachelle said...

Oh, goodness, I think it's fantastic!

Plus, you've got to feel good helping the bald children.

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!! You are like sexy sophisticated.

ELA said...

"Affectionately called 'Polygamist Hair'" That's so funny! I think it looks great. Plus, it will grow out to your dream length in no time!

P.S. I’m going to be in Provo October 2 – 4. Any chance you will be around? Maybe for a quick hello?

Unknown said...

Brenna, I love it!!!

MichiganMarshes said...

I think it looks great!

Erin said...

Looks good...like what I imagine you usually look like. Way to sacrifice the locks for the kiddos. I am partial to the long hair though. I have been contemplating the same thing.

kristen said...

oh i love it! that's the brenna i know!

Caitlyn Jackson said...

That was a lot of hair :0

Cox Family said...

ohhh wow.. I love the new style though.. And that was sooo sweet of you to do that.. I bet it feels so weird now... Too Cute