Saturday, August 8, 2009

Customer Service Woes

We are supposed to receive cable as part of our rent in the new place. But when we went to hook up the tv, we didn't get anything but a blank screen. I called Comcast and was put on hold for an extended period of time before ever being connected with a real person, so I decided to help our manager earn her keep and turn the task over to her. Much to my dismay, I received a message from her telling us the way to solve the problem was to call Comcast, so I made sure I had some time (in preparation of holding), and once again attempted to speak with a representative, preferably someone I could actually understand.

Well, after pushing lots of different buttons telling them what I wanted, I was delighted to finally hear "Comcast Cable, how can I help you?" I explained what the problem was, and he told me it sounded like we needed a technician to come out and see what was going on. I told him ok and then was shocked by him saying it would be Aug. 19th at the earliest (this was earlier this week)! What? A few thoughts raced through my mind: We're expected to pay for 2 weeks of service that we don't get, and wow, Comcast must not be very good service if they have that many problems going on.

I thought that was pretty lame and told the guy so. I tried talking my way into having someone come out sooner, but no, the 19th it is. I wanted to demand a credit or something, but since our HOA pays it, I figured it wasn't worth the battle. I'm pretty disappointed though. It definitely makes me double think getting our internet through Comcast. Anyone have recommendations on an internet company?

No comments: