Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oh, Check the Freezer!

I read a story the other day in one of the Salt Lake newspapers. It talked about a man who has been missing for a few months. They finally found him, or I guess I should say they found his body. It was in his freezer. I was sad for the man, but then a few days later, they had a follow up story. Apparently the coroners determined his cause of death was suicide.

Huh? Who decides to kill themselves by climbing into their freezer? I guess I don't comprehend the whole suicide thing, but seriously, it seems like even if you thought that was a good idea, it would take so long before anything besides getting to know the chicken, steak and vegetables and being pretty cold happened that you would give up. Even if you decided to poison yourself or something, why climb into the freezer? I definitely wonder what the story here is. It just seems too bizarre.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Wouldn't be my choice for sure. Maybe the freezer is hard to open from the inside.

I knew a man whose son "committed suicide" by tying a bad around his own head. We all thought that was a little fishy because it would be too easy to take it off once the breathing stopped and the panic set in.

Abby said...

Hmmm that is very strange indeed. I think I'd go for a quick bullet to the head. Or maybe let my car run in the garage and let the fumes take me out. Not that I've put much thought into this, it's just obvious, isn't it?

Ew. It's giving me the creeps just thinking about it! Funny commentary though:)

Erin said...

Don't you remember the classic episode of Punky Brewster where the friend hides in the old refrigerator and runs out of air, having to be resuscitated with CPR. A warning to us all that I never forgot. Thank you PUNKY! He obviously did not see that episode...then again, maybe he did and that is why it was well executed.

Either way, in reality that is very sad.