Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Since school started, Matt hasn't been around as much. He leaves early in the morning, comes home later in the evening and occasionally leaves again after dinner. He says he is with Carrol. Should I be worried? Carrol even has the audacity to have a picture of me with her at all times.

I have a hunch things are going to be just fine ;D
Car-rel [kar-uhl]
–noun
1. Also called
cubicle, stall, a small recess or enclosed area in a library stack, designed for individual study or reading.

** Each law student is assigned their very own carrel (or corral as we jokingly/lovingly refer to it). They can keep all of their stuff there and even lock it up when they're not around.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, that is the nicest one I've seen. He looks pretty happy there, too. Good luck, you may think professional school is harder than he does. I think it is hard to be the stay-home spouse.

Unknown said...

I had never heard of a Carrel before until I dated a guy going to law school. I didn't believe that they were actually called that at first, since English wasn't his first language. Learn something new every day!
It's nice that the law school provides those for the students.

Emily said...

Oh the joys of being married to a first year law school student. I learned to have lots of hobbies, But it does get better. The second year is way better than the first!

ashley said...

Hey Brenna! I love this post, and don't worry, my husband was also seeing a "Carrel" all last year too :) The second year has been a lot easier though than last year, so that's something to look forward to! Unfortunately, its a balance of work/school during the second year, instead of just school, so I still see Marcus about the same. My advice, find a good hobby for the next 3 years! :)

Suz said...

That Carrel better mind her peas and q's or she'll have to reckon with me.....
You could hang out at our house more often if you are a law-student widow.