I'm coming up on two years without lacrosse. I've been thinking a lot about the way I've been taking care, or it would be probably be better to say NOT taking care, of my body since then. I miss excerising on a regular basis. It is just tough to find the motivation to get out and really push yourself. But I do miss finishing a workout feeling like you are absolutely exhausted and can't move another step and yet so good.
Unfortunately, I developed asthma in high school, and since then, I never was a runner (running just isn't quite the same when you are coughing up blood...). I looked it as a necessary evil. I never understood those track people. But lately, I've been missing pushing myself and having a goal to work towards. This crazy thought kept popping up in my head, and now, I think that I want to run a half-marathon this summer. I would shoot for an actual marathon, but that is probably a bit much for me. I wasn't going to put it on the blog because then I would be more acountable for this pyscho goal of mine, but then I decided that is exactly why I should put it on the blog.
So now you all know, I am going to be running a half marathon here in a few months. I know there is one in June. Does anyone have any experience with this and know if that is too short a time period?
The lucky thing for me is, my sisters are starting "A Little Healthy Competition" to see who can accomplish all of their health and fitness goals. It will be nice to have that extra boost of motivation.
Wish me luck, I'm definitely going to need it!
10 comments:
As I went for a run this morning (don't be impressed, I think I only made it a couple miles) I was composing a post very similar to this one in my head. I guess we are all on the same page. If you see one on my blog, I didn't copy you, but, man do I know how you feel!
Wow, that is a good goal. I am so out of shape now, at least with running, 13 miles sounds TOUGH. I am proud of you, esp with the asthma.
Talk to Alicia. She does Tri-athelons. (sp ?) I remember when she started training for them. She trimmed down a little. She still does them...about 2 years now, she is almost too skinny. I think about her often though. I admire people that dedicate themselves to such lofty goal. Good luck with your own.
You go girl! You will do great!
GOOD LUCK!!
I know you can do it ;) For my fitness goals, I plan to learn the hip hop routines of the Lombard twins. (Youtube it.) Yeah. See? pshhhh ... you half marathon people can't touch this. HAHA.
You totally got that song stuck in my head all day!!
You might considering a 5k to start. There are several charity ones coming up, particularly at UVU.
Good luck! Too ambitious for me.
I miss lacrosse, too. And it gets harder to work out when you get married. And I'm sure even worse when you have kids.
Hey good for you.. Matt's cousin Becky, her husband Nick runs them all the time.. he's always been able to run but he just does it for fun.. he loves it.. well good luck keep us informed.. Oh by the way Thank you again for Wesley's birthday present.. he absolutly loves the trains for the tub..
wow... I am impressed and so excited for you! I know similarly how frustrating it can be not to be able to work out regularly! I made a new years resolution to run a marathon, but there's kind of a big thing that is the determinant and that is if my knee heals well. I don't want to push it too hard too quick....
How are you!!
Brenna. You are such an inspiration to Bob and I. What is Matt doing for this family health competition....that is my question?
Post a Comment