After Matt and I got married, we moved into a very nice condo, which is actually in the same complex as we lived while we were single (below one and across the hall from Matt's old place, and yes, it is a single's people place). The place came up for sale due to foreclosure, and his parents decided it would be a good investment. Well, we needed a place to stay and since it would be essentially impossible to fill 4 spots mid semester, we decided the smartest thing would be to have us move into it until the end of August.
I was a little bit weary of moving in where we lived before and being the only married people, but they are great apartments, it is about 1 minute away from both my office and Matt's school, and it just made sense, so I had no problem agreeing to it.
I'm happy to report, that it has been even less awkward than I originally anticipated. The location, as mentioned is perfect, and it has the best parking situation in Provo. We've had a couple of doorbell ditches, but things are good. It is a little wierd though, living on the boy's side. I am definitely the only girl on this side of the parking lot. Yesterday, our neighbor even made the comment, "I can smell your air freshener outside! It's great having a girl over on our side!" Every morning when I leave for work, I can't help but timidly poke my head out and look both ways before running out to the car. Even though I know everyone knows we're married, I still wonder what they think seeing a girl run out every morning.
3 comments:
Brenna. You are sooo cute. I am sure all the neighbors adore having you on their side of the complex. Maybe you and Matt should make cookies some night and invite all the neighbors for an Open House....I am sure your place is picture perfect....infact...we'd love to see some pictures of your place when you get a chance...
Better they are smelling your apartment than you smelling theirs.
haha that is fantastic! It must be pretty nice having good parking underground. And it is such a good location to live! Hope all is going well!
Post a Comment