Thursday, February 4, 2010

Check Out My Buns!

So Matt was really craving cheeseburgers the other day. I decided to be a good wife and make them for dinner. I decided to continue my quest to be the ultimate breadmaker and bake some homemade buns.

Last week, I made some delicious homemade breadbowls, but there was a pretty serious problem, I underestimated the amount they would rise, and they turned out barely larger than a normal roll (I insisted on using mine as a breadbowl; my spoon barely fit). This time, I learned my lesson and made the rolls almost the size of a purchased hamburger bun.

Things were going great, but then they stopped rising up and started rising out. They baked beautifully, they were just a little big (we easily fit 2 patties on 1 bun). We each ate one and decided to use the rest of them as breadbowls the next day. I was surprised the things were so big that it was a tiny bit larger than the small burner on my stove.

So now I've done one that is too small, one that is too large, so next up, I'm due for a just right! We'll see how it goes...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Where are the pictures of the giant buns?! I want to see!

Abby said...

As long as they tasted good I am impressed. I tried to make roll/buns for sloppy joes once (matt was craving sloppy joes--funny craving) and they were not very good.

We ended up making a last minute trip to the grocery for buns:)