Way back when I was in 8th grade Foods class, we were taught how to make rice. It wasn't hard. I had always heard from my mother that rice was kind of temperamental, but as long as you did exactly what you were supposed to, you wouldn't have any problems. Once I became a rice cooker (that foods class, oh boy, what skills I learned), I learned rice really wasn't that tricky and never had a problem with it.
Fast forward a few years. Every time I make rice these days, something goes wrong! I don't know what I'm doing differently, but if I cook it enough that it isn't soupy and crunchy, it just boils all over the place and makes a big mess. What's the deal?! I guess I am being punished for my rice cockiness...
3 comments:
What kind of rice do you usually make, out of curiosity?
I always use the five minute rice stuff, can't go wrong with that! Maybe it's not as good, but I can't really tell (I'm not a rice fan anyway unless it's with Chinese food). Maybe you should get a rice cooker--I hear those things work like a charm.
Did you learn how to cook it at a different altitude?
Post a Comment