A couple of weeks ago, we decided to try and combat our cold apartment by putting plastic up on our windows (a little tacky, don't judge, it's getting cold here...). I'm happy to report that so far, it seems to be working.
The plastic windows have also had another unexpected side effect. Matt and I both happened to make it home for lunch (and it was actually a beautiful, sunny day) and decided to open the blinds. We were shocked and surprised to see a a HUGE amount of fire bugs between the window and the plastic. The good news is, it solved the mystery of what the weird flicking noises we kept hearing was. We spent the rest of our lunch break watching/listening to the bugs stuck and trying to get out. I couldn't believe how many there were, at one point, I counted at least 30 bugs flying around in there. We were just hoping to stay warm, who would of thought that we'd get some pets too!

2 comments:
those fire bugs are so annoying! they get in anywhere! Hope you're staying warm though!
We put that saran wrap stuff up last year. I put it on our fireplace, too since it was very drafty and we can't even use it. This summer there was a bumblebee that somehow got stuck. Monkey was much more entertained by watching it than I was. I love bumblebees and wanted to save it, but I didn't want to re-do the plastic. It's still in there, dead as a doornail. Does that make me a bad person?
What are firebugs?
Post a Comment