Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Bawl Baby

I've always been a very realistic person. Because of this, movies haven't had the same impact on me that they do on many. Instead of becoming tense and afraid during scary movies, i often end up laughing out loud at the absurdity of the plot line (ex: when The Ring girl crawls out of the tv, i mean come on!). During sad movies, i could never understand why someone would get emotional over someone/something who isn't real.

This being said, i have no idea what has gotten into me lately. It seems like i have been getting choked up about the dumbest things happening on TV and in movies. I realized how extreme this is becoming when my eyes welled up, and i was really doing everything i could to not cry as i watched MTV's new reality show Pageant Place. PP is a show about Miss Universe, USA and Teen USA living together in NYC (lame, i know, but you'd be amazed at the shows you start watching when you have nothing else going on), and to make it more dramatic, they threw in last year's Miss USA, the one who had to go to rehab, to babysit the girls (makes sense, right?).On last week's episode, not only did Miss Teen USA end her reign and have to crown the new girl, but she also broke up with her boyfriend of a couple years. Poor girl! Who wouldn't cry for her ;)


Even while i was holding back my tears, i wanted to laugh, what in the world has happened to me?!

2 comments:

Glitter said...

I should watch this show... because I am jut being lazy at home anyways

Rae said...

Don't worry Brenna, I got a little choked up when she had to pass on the crown. Haha.