So my little sister had her first-ever lacrosse game the other night. I expected something similar to little kid magnet soccer, but I was pleasantly surprised by many of the girls' skills.
Since the beginning of her season, my sis has come home from practice telling me how so many of her little teammates knew who i was. I guess all of the girls who went to camp claimed they knew me. This was a real boost to the ego, but seems a little unrealistic since essentially only the girls on the team that i coached the duration camp would know who i was.
Anway, back on track... Out of the top 5 girls (from both teams) two of them were members of my little camp team. There was also another one of my girls who definitely could hold her own out there. I am so proud! Although some might argue it is natural talent, more experience (i mean come on, they did nothing but play straight lacrosse with girls of all levels from all over the country for a week), or the current coaches, but I like to think it was my superb coaching and skills rubbing off on them. Haha! Just kidding!! I was brought down of my high horse fast though when none of them remembered who i was :( (i like to think it was the fact they had never seen me out of full BYU lacrosse/coaching garb) Never-the-less, I was really proud of my little "kiddies" out there, good times...
No comments:
Post a Comment