When i came back to utah, my beautiful jeep was there waiting for my arrival. Unfortunately, so was the airbag light problem.. My mother had taken it in, the people had it for almost 3 weeks, and then it was apparently not even fixed, and they did a horrible job of putting my dash back in. Being the enlightened consumer (I had to read the most eye-opening book for the internship about companies and relationships with customers, and i lived in NYC, that definitely teaches you not to take any crap from anybody ;)) i promptly called the service people and demanded (politely of course) they fix my car for real this time. Sadly, they couldn't get me in for a few weeks. When my time came, they had my car for only a few days. I excitedly drove it home sans airbag light/crazy beeping. I was so happy to my car back in all its glory!
Too bad my happiness was shortlived, with the stupid light and beeping returning on its second drive. I promptly called the service people again and was ready to demand (not quite as politely) they fix my car, but only the poor secretary was there, and i didn't want to yell at an innocent victim. I left a message for them to call me back and then waited. They never bothered calling me back, but when i finally got a hold of them, they offered me a complimentary loaner car while mine was once again in the shop.
I have to admit, i was a little big excited about having this loaner, i imagined myself driving off in one of Jeep's brand new models. When the man drove up in my little (emphasis on little) temporary car, i really almost busted out laughing. He got out and handed me the keys of my new ride, a Suzuki sx4. I'm posting a picture, but you are unable to truly see how little this thing it, it reminded me of all the little smart cars i saw while in Europe.
I drove home with a smile on my face, thinking about the irony of trading in my powerful, big-motored SUV for the "Zuk". I felt so small and couldn't help but worry i was going to get crushed as i slowly (so slowly!) accelerated after each stop. The best part was trying to make it up the hills to my house; i had the pedal to the metal and we made it up at the average speed of about 13 MPH. Fabulous!
More than a week later, i finally received the blessed call, my car was done! Hurray!! I quickly went to pick it up, laughing one last time as i tried to make it up hills of my neighborhood. As i climbed UP into my beautiful car and revved its engine, i knew, i was meant to have a decent-sized automobile (maybe i feel i need to compensate for my shortness??)
Jeepy is so far, so good. I am a little worried though because when i was giving her a full scrub down, i found a pile of screws in the backseat. My dad said i shouldn't worry, but i can't help wonder but wonder if my car is literally going to fall apart on me as i'm driving down the road. I sure hope not!
No comments:
Post a Comment