Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bad Luck

I love celebrity gossip. Many people are shocked to find that I know more about what is going on in celebrities' lives than basically any other person. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit it, but I faithfully check multiple gossip Web sites multiple times a day.

One of the reasons I was so excited to go to New York was so I could spot celebrities in real life for four whole months. Much to my dismay, this only happened once: I was running in Central Park along the same path as Ashton Kutcher. Even when I attended a taping of the Letterman Show, the guest was Michael Moore (he doesn't count, who cares about him), and there wasn't even a band.

When it came time to return home, I was comforted by the hope of seeing Lyndsay Lohan while she was in rehab just a few blocks away from my house. One time my mother and I saw a girl at the grocery store that kind of looked like her, but after following her around for a short while, we realized it was just some random girl. Many people I know saw her on multiple occasions, but my going to the gym at all hours of the day, driving past the facility, and hanging out at Nordstroms did me no good. She left Utah without me ever even catching a glimpse.

Yesterday, I went up to Park City for the Sundance Festival. I had high hopes since Paris, Jessica Alba, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jack Black, Colin Farrel, David whatever his last name is (Buffy, Bones), Mary-Kate Olsen, and Taylor Kitsch (who I was most excited about, I LOVE Friday Night Lights) had all been spotted recently. After walking up and down Main Street in the FREEZING cold a handful of times while looking at EVERY person we passed, in all the store/restaurant windows and cars, I got back in my car feeling very dejected that I had once again failed.

I still have high hopes, maybe one blessed day, I will actually be able to see someone. I have a feeling when it finally does happen, it will be someone extra good (like brad, angelina and their kiddies, that would be amazing!)

4 comments:

Abraham said...

I hope you had fun on your date to Park City!!!

Suz said...

You must have been on the wrong side of the road. We saw Scott Foley, Bono, Ben & !ennifer & Dakota Fanning within a 2 hour time frame.

Amber said...

So, are you going to write an obituary or memorial for Heath Ledger? Hope you didn't cry too much. ;)

Rae said...

I was the same way when I first moved to New York, seriously looking at everyone I saw on the streets. I've found you have a much better chance of coming across them when you're not trying.
PS You went to Letterman? HELLO. Huge celeb right there.