Monday, January 7, 2008

Keep Koming to the Kiosk

So last Monday was supposed to be my last day at the kiosk. I was surprised when on tuesday i got home from skiing and had several voicemails and texts from my manager asking me to work the following day, so she could have the day off. I didn't really want to (remember i have YET to be paid for any of my work there), but being easily guilt-tripped, i agreed.

Wednesday I worked.

On Thursday, I actually had plans to hang out with some friends. Around 3:30 that afternoon, i get a text from an unknown number saying simply, "will you fill in for me?!" I hesistantly responded asking who the person was, and what they were talking about. The response was it a person from the Kiosk who wanted me to work for her that night at 5 (talk about last minute...). I told her I was sorry but already had plans. The next thing i know, the girl had written back saying, "Please!! Can't you cancel? My family is in town!" Now, while i am sympathetic to wanting to hang out with family, i know her family had been in town for more than a week, and why did she wait until an hour before to try and get someone to take the shift? It also bothered me that she was essentially telling me her plans were more important than mine, and so, I should just cancel mine. Despite my annoyance, my guilt for saying no was building, so i compromised with her and worked the first half of the shift.

Something funny was they had to move the kiosk since the store is opening. The people working that shift were going to have to take everything down. Now, I knew this and knew that I did not want to be working all night long taking the apart the kiosk of the place that i was not getting paid to work at and didn't even officially work for (and not to mention the fact i was supposed to have been doing unofficially working for them). The girl still kept trying to use this as a selling point though.

So after a couple of hours of working, i still was able to hang out wiht my friends. I was annoyed, but whatever, who couldn't use an extra $16 (minus taxes, i'm rolling in the dough!)? At promptly the time i said i would, i walked away from the kiosk for good, or at least that is what i thought....

The following day, the same girl texts me again. Once again, she wanted me to work for her. What is it with these people? I don't work there anymore! I don't understand why they keep calling me! They have several people who work there. Additionally, the two other seasonal girls both wanted to get hired permanantly, and they weren't. It seems like they would be the more obvious call, but who knows?

I am supposedly done with my kiosk days. It will be interesting to see if they keep calling...

3 comments:

ELA said...

I bet five bucks Brenna is back at the kiosk in a week!

Rae said...

I would kome to the kiosk, however the kiosk NEVER has sizes that aren't XS or XL, especially in white. Boo. I just ordered online with Shade.

Erin said...

Lame