So I believe many of you know about the mysterious circumstances that I lost my beloved watch the night before i left for NYC; I have often lamented my loss. But in case you don't, here is a condensed version.
When I was a junior in high school, I was the last scuba "uncertified" in my family. I had little-to-no interest in changing that so my parents were looking for ways to motivate me into changing my mind. I received this watch as an incentive. Since the day I got it, I wore it everyday. I loved this watch!
The day before I left for my NY adventure, I woke up and put my watch on, that night before I went to bed, I went to take it off, and it was gone! I searched for as long as I could, but had to go to bed since my flight left in a few hours. The next morning I still could not find my watch. I started crying as I explained my predicament to my mother. She promised to search my room and mail it to me.
Well, she searched our whole house, but unfortunately, it was no where to be found. We still talk about the mysterious disappearance of the watch, and I finally gave up hope that it would ever be found.
For Christmas, I got a fabulous new watch! It is beautiful! I love it! Although I wanted to know what the heck happened to my first, my new one definitely eased my pain and helped me to move on.
Well, today, exactly 1 week after I received my new and improved watch, we went cross country skiing. When I went to pull on my snowpants in the parking lot, something fell to the ground. It was my old watch!!! I cannot believe i finally found it! Somehow the thing ended up in my snowpants. Crazy!! Now I just have to convince my parents that Santa doesn't need to take my new one back because I will love them both equally.
1 comment:
see? prayers really do come true...
Post a Comment