Saturday, February 9, 2008

I went on a date last night with an old friend from high school. After graduating, we both moved down to Provo and would talk about how dumb it was that we were the only two of our friends who took the initiative to live on our own.

Well, when he asked me where I lived, so he could pick me up, I sheepishly told him I lived at home. I wasn't surprised when he promptly started "giving me crap" about still living with the parents.

When he picked me up, I yelled, "Bye! I'm heading out!" As we were driving back to Provo, my cell phone went off, I sneakily checked to see who was calling, and was surprised to see it was my mother. I apologized for answering during the date, but figured she would only call if it was an emergency. Our conversation went something like this:

Brenna: "Hi" (in a concerned voice)
Mom: "Hi. Have you left yet? We don't know where you are, so we were worried..."
B: "oh, well, I said I was leaving, I'm sorry you didn't hear."
M: "That's alright, have fun!"

I hung up the phone to my laughing date. Yes, I live at home....

2 comments:

Alison said...

Oh man that's pretty embarassing! Hopefully that didn't affect you guys having a good time though!

kristen said...

hehehe... brenna you are so funny. i miss your stories. they are not the same without me sitting behind a desk. :) oh and i never told you- i definitely heard the good news. lesley told me her story! love it!