Sunday, February 3, 2008

This may be a Little Sacrilegious but...

I am always surprised when i hear comments such as "Why isn't BYU's football team winning? The students must not be living righteously enough...." I think it's funny people think God cares about football, and who won, but maybe all these years i've been wrong.

It has been snowing a lot here. This morning we woke up to a fresh 6" of snow and more coming down. We got ready for church this afternoon, and reluctantly walked out into the almost foot of snow. We were kind of confused because all the men in the neighborhood were out with their 4-wheeler snow plows, and the young men were hard at work with the shovels. We loaded into the car, and our neighbor came over and told us church was canceled. Apparently somebody forgot to send us the memo.

I guess i've been wrong all these years. God really does care about football, why else would he make it so we could stay home and watch the Superbowl instead of attending sacrament? My money is on the team He wants to win...

3 comments:

Suz said...

I think you may have something here.

Brooklyn said...

Bahahahahhaha:D

Amazing.

Also ... they canceled church in Utah???

If you were wondering, it's supposed to be 78 here today ...

ELA said...

This must have been a divine Super Bowl because my home ward (Washington State) got let out of church two hours early in for a random pipe burst!