I love playing the piano. I don't remember my life before I played (I learned to read music the same time I learned to read letters). Since I moved away for college, I have experienced serious withdrawals.
Well, I went to my older sister's house the other week and she was excitedly assembling her brand new clavinova (nice digital piano). Apparently one of the local piano stores was going out of business, and they were able to get a stellar deal.
Not wanting to be one-upped my sister (totally kidding!), I was immediately tempted to go and make a purchase of my own. I soon began to think through things though, and my extreme cheapness got to me, and I decided I better not make any rash decisions. (While there was a great sale, it was still a good amount of money for my nonprofit salary.)
After about three weeks, I still had that nagging desire to purchase my piano. Although I am still in a very transitional stage of my life, I wouldn't have a chance to get such a great deal, and who knows how long it would be before I could "tickle the ivories" of my very own piano?
So, I bit the bullet and did it! Sadly, I decided it wasn't worth setting it up when I have to move in a month, so it just sits in its box at my parents' home. I'm really hoping that wherever I end up next month has room for my new baby! Despite only being able to admire its box, I have yet to regret my decision (even though my bank account is quite a bit lighter). Hurray for my piano!
6 comments:
I am glad to see that all dad's investment over the years wont go to waste now that you can start playing agian.
Yeah, it will be a good investment.
Enjoy it, your playing is one of your true gifts.
Jealous! I feel left out now!
that is AWESOME you got a piano, seriously. I am also jealous of you. It's a decision you will never regret.
bank account lighter is much better than bank account in the negative! :D
I remember when you would always play the piano for our FHE group to sing :) That is a great purchase and something you can use for years! I wish I could play!
Post a Comment