The next morning we got up and headed to the diner in town where all of the political candidates eat when in town. It was great food and a fun little atmosphere. After eating, we headed off to Hawkeye football game. It was a little bit different than BYU football. I'm not exactly used to the "real" tailgating atmosphere. We left about halfway through the third quarter, and apparently I missed the school song of "In Heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here.." My favorite part of the game though, might have been the baton twirler girl. They actually have a girl on full scholarship for baton twirling. It was great; she just wanders around the sidelines in a sparkly bikini doing tricks with her baton. I've decided that's how i'm going to pay for my graduate studies. First, I just have to learn to twirl. Hopefully I'll be able to work up to flaming batons!
Sunday we had went to church and then headed to Abe's family for dinner and the CES fireside. We also played a few exciting games of Mexican Dominos and Scrabble. We also made some excellent tasting pretzels. What can I say? It was an action packed day!
Then Abe and I headed over to his lab where I got to meet his mice, fill micro-pipette trays, tour rooms where I wasn't allowed to touch anything or else I would get cancer, and see some mice's hearing get tested. It was pretty cool.
That evening, we had some delicious Chicago-style pizza before my flight. It was a lot of fun to go out and see where my sister has been for the past few years. I was skeptical about Iowa, but I have to admit, I really enjoyed myself and the town. No wonder the Field of Dreams is there!
5 comments:
See, Iowa can be fun. The heartland of America is really a great place! Hope to see you back soon.
Glad to see you blogging again. Now I know what to put on my list of "to-dos" when I get there this next week. I am excited! Iowa, here I come.
What a fun trip! I can honestly say I've never been to Iowa. It looks like you were able to do a lot over the weekend and this pizza looks SO good! That is crazy about the flight and the mix up with it all. I'll have to remember that for the future though! I can't believe all the voucher money you got out of them, you deserved it though!
Fun! I'm glad you had a good time. P.S. I love your hair! It's sooooo long. Looks gorgeous!
I posted :D
Post a Comment