Friday, October 3, 2008

Quirky? Me?

My siblings and Ashley tagged me wanting 6 quirky things that I do.

1-- I have to have a perfectly made bed before I can go to sleep. My freshman year of college, I always slept until the last possible minute (therefore not leaving time to make the bed). Every night though, I faithfully made my bed. I like it to be really really nice and even pull the bed away from the wall to ensure it is exactly right. My roommates thought this was very weird and would come and jump on my bed after I was in it as a way to annoy me. After they did this, I would have to get out of bed, and remake the whole thing.

2-- I don't eat hamburger. If you don't remember this, read here. I have been trying to get over this weird fear/dislike though. I'll keep you posted on my progress...

3-- I don't touch animals. It isn't that I dislike them, I just have no desire to have their dirt and nastiness on my hands. My family's dog Chico and I never got along because he wouldn't leave me alone. As soon as he learned to respect my boundaries (i know, he's a dog, what does he know?) we started getting along great.

4-- I make my living doing communications things such as editing. Ever I worked in the publications department in New York, I mentally edit everything I read (hopefully this doesn't make people afraid to write to me...), emails, books, billboards, scriptures, you name it, I think about every comma, period and apostrophe.

5-- I'm not a swimmer, instead, I am a sinker. I took swimming lessons all growing up and can swim when necessary, but it is very difficult for me. I have to work very hard to stay afloat (and I am slightly afraid of water). Despite this, I really enjoy scuba diving. It took some coaxing and bribing from my family to get involved, but now I can honestly say that I look forward to our scuba trips. To me, diving and swimming are not the same thing, but people tell me that this is very strange.

6-- It seems like my entire family talked about their toes, so for my last one, i'll do the same. My toes are not as nice as colty's but they are not like erin and amber's. They are nice in the middle toes.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oops, ironically I think you forgot to edit the sentence about editing every thing you read. Glad you are human.

I agree on the swim/SCUBA thing. Swimming becomes effortless when you have oxygen on your back!

Caitlyn Jackson said...

I didn't talk about our toes :c

ashley said...

Very interesting! I didn't know you didn't like swimming, yet you scuba dive, that is weird. And you and Kristina were the same with the bed-making, you bed makers you!